Monday, March 18, 2013

Hiya

FAMILY! <3 <3

*pompoms for the blackhawks* :D

I've said it before, but coincidences are definitely evidences of God's work! I've thought about that a lot too.  I've shared with my companion about the Thursday lunches and some of our MANY inside jokes (it's never as funny when you have to explain it, of course), and she's remarked on several occasions how it makes her happy to hear how close all us kids are. We've talked many times about how we're blown away at how lucky we are that we get to live in a stable, well-balanced loving home. It really makes us grateful thinking about even that basic (to us) blessing. Thanks for your hardwork in creating that for us! We will never forget it and always be indebted to you and Dad for that :3

Does Matt really not check his email that much? Yikes. Well, that sounds like a good time - apparently he's going to Florida? First I've heard of that, XD but that sounds like fun too. Also, thank you for the box!! :D Thank you for all that. Sister Loveland loved the peeps. Was the other matching set for us to share also? I wasn't sure but I think that's what I'm going to end up doing, haha. (Yum, jelly beans. It's what S. Loveland associates with general conference, since Easter is always right around the same time.)

Congrats to Brother Stradling! Haha. XD is he still the YW secretary? That's way more fun. :D Ooh, teaching seminary. Sounds like a good experience. How long is your hair now? I'm looking forward to see if Sis. Severn's friends are in our ward :D Are they members? I might know them already if they are.

As to housing, I would like to be in the same place if possible. I don't mind so much as the people as the location. I'm sure there's a lot going for housing, since everyone and their dog decided to go on missions - it'll just be way bad in two years when they all come back. Yeah, hopefully I'll be gone by the time all that happens. I look forward to Thursday lunches again with Craig :D but that's a long time in the future.

ANYWAY, the work is going OSSUM! We are quite busy, and it's a blessing. I don't know if I told you a few weeks ago, but it's a great experience so I'm going to tell the whole story anyway. A few weeks ago we tried to go visit a less-active family, and we talked to a man that we thought was the husband, but it turns out he's the roommate. Regardless, we talked to him about the Book of Mormon answering all kinds of questions of the soul, and he asked, "Where can I get a copy of this book?" So we gave him one and a chapter to read (Alma 40-41, about life after death and the resurrection and all that).Last Wednesday we went to try and see him again, and we got the wife we were looking for in the first place. She said that he (his name is Mike) read the chapters we gave him, and even a little further! And that he was excited to speak with us again! :D :D! Blessings, everywhere! It's amazing what can happen when you align your vision of an area with Heavenly Father's. Less-active work has helped our teaching to expand - amazing, right?! So we're going to go up to his house sometime this week and sit down and talk about it. YAY!

Thanks for all you do! This week has been fabulous, and I'm so grateful for the opportunities that I've had in my mission this far. It's funny looking back at where I started and where I've come - I feel like I'm a completely different person now than I was before! I'm stronger than I thought and lead by the spirit more than I thought possible. But it's happening! And I'm thankful for this teaching process to allow me to be in a place to learn habits for the rest of my life :)

Thanks for your love, support, and mail! You are all AMAZING!

LOVELOVELOVE,
Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment