Tuesday, October 9, 2012


Surprise! It's a Tuesday! (All the libraries were closed on Monday cos of Columbus day. Funny how Monday holidays used to be the best and now they're kinda annoying. C'est la vie.)
 
Anyway - so conference was basically AMAZING! Each session kept getting better and better, don't you think? I was particularly excited when Elder Ballard started talking about bees :) Did you know all of that? I knew about some of the things, like there's several thousand of them in a hive at any given time, and that they produce a tiny amount of honey over their lifetime. Something else I thought about after he spoke was how even though those particular bees might not live long enough to have to use the honey in the winter, they still prep it and make it to be available for the bees that will come after them. I think about that sometimes when I'm out here, that my calling is more than just inviting people to come to Christ but to plant seeds too so another missionary can come and reap that work I put in.
 
I liked that a lot of the talks were about service! Elder Nelson's talk was particularly fun. "Ask the missionaries, they can help you!" Yes, yes we can. It was particularly ironic that when we were watching that talk, Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on our door. :D They saw our tags and wanted to scoot out of there pretty fast though. We invited them to stay and watch with us, but they declined. *shrug* I've never had more experiences with JW's than when I came out here. Haha! Ain't no thang, as Sister Fonua would say.
 
As far as changing the missionary date, we are stoked! Super suprised, but also excited. We'll keep an eye out for an increase in numbers in about three months haha :) We've already heard of a ton in our ward who've attacked Bishop already to start their papers. Haha! Is there a lot looking to scoot in the home ward? We're hoping we get more Sisters out here, that would be the best :D You can't go wrong with Sisters, man.
 
Did you get an email from Rose? She's the lady we live with! She was hoping to hear back from you, but it either must not have gotten to you or it went to the spambox or you deleted it already. She sent her phone number with it too, just in case. *shrug* She's delightful though :D and not a member! Her best friend was Mormon and a couple years ago both her sons moved out at the same time, so she suggested that Rose offer her home that the missionaries live with her. It's worked out really well so far, and she loves us :)
 
With the start of conference, though, means suitcoat season! Yaay. Which basically means that the Elders have to wear their suitcoats everywhere now. The sisters have to have cardigans with their outfits, but that's much better than a fatty suitcoat. I'm still in the market for a light jacket, but with all the thrift stores around here it shouldn't be too hard. I think the coldest it got around here last year was about 35F. Balmy! Definitely not a problem. Lately it's been in the 50s/60s in the mornings and I've been peachy, but my companions have been freezing. This winter will be awesome. :D
 
We're going to have a Sister's conference this Friday! It'll be so fun! I'm excited to see all the Sisters. We only have 24-26 Sisters (I can't remember which) in the whole mission, so we're all gonna go to the President's house to be with them :) Yay!
 
I'm still trudging along in Matthew, but I should be finished with it soon! This morning I read about the parable of the laborers, and I was reminded of Elder Holland's talk in conference in April. "Why should you be jealous because I am kind?" I was impressed by his talk this weekend too, how he's able to take the scriptures and make it that much more real and personable to us and our understanding. I hope to be able to do that for all scirptures one day!
 
I'm running out of time, and things to say. So I hope all continues to go well! 
 
I feel your prayers! And I'm sending some back your way too :D
 
LOOOOOOVE YOUUUUUU! (man I wish I could speak whale.)
Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment