Monday, October 1, 2012


HI! <3
 
I never knew knowing how to make bread would win me stars in the eyes of... well, everyone. ¯\[°_O]/¯ It's kinda cool though! The Elders in our district are way spoiled. XD (I made 'nana bread today. Yum.) Btw, Craig, do you have Sisters in your zone? If not that's totes depressing... especially cos the Sisters seem to have a way with deciding what happens on P-day :D Or maybe that's just the hierarchy in the Roseville mission... or we don't have any of the sporty guys either. Wish you could come to my p-day activity; there's a member's house we're going to today and they have a game room with pool, pingpong, foozball, and air hockey. And a really big yard if that's not enough for you. It's kinda cool (well, coincidental really), the wife just got done with her rounds of chemo too. We had dinner with them two weeks ago and it was the first time my companion, who's been in this area for 7 months, had met them. So it was like I needed to be there. We talked about you, mum. And your hats. She liked that :) She's doing good though, like you. So it's just an extra connection n_n
 
Speaking of, good luck on your radiation today!! I'll be sure to keep praying for you, as well will President Weston and some of the Elders out here. Aunt Renee too- any news on that front? I only heard what Dad told me in his letter. (Btw, I didn't notice any difference other than your letter came on Friday instead of Thursday. No big!)
 
In our lessons this week we only made 9. I was kinda sad, but then I realized that I'd rather take quality lessons over stressing out about taking a member with us. Also, I thought about the spirit and how it works, and Sister Fonua and I decided that perhaps the investigator needed just us to be there to feel more comfortable. We definitely need to go out and find more though, since the majority of our investigators are at a point where they're just waiting for their confirmation from Heavenly Father about if the Book of Mormon and the Church is true. Not much holding them back from that! Pray that they'll get their answers! And that we'll find more investigators. We've been really bad at going out and finding lately. o.o;
 
@Matt GOOD LUCK AT IMEAAAA!!!! *glomp* mum'll tell you about dynamics to be sure, but my advice is to have fun with the music!! They'll recognize that more than anything else you do, and if you really are enjoying yourself the musicality will come out naturally. I wish I could be there to help out but you will be awesome!! Practice!! (I know you hate hearing that, but if there's anything I wish I would've done better in HS it would be not slacking off on being the best I could be. The power of hindsight is ridiculous. Also perspective. The bar was not as high in HS as it probably could've been, or should've been. Why stop at the mountain when you can reach the sky??)
 
Thank you for that scripture! I really like that. I've been looking for more good scriptures to memorize - there is such power in remembering a scripture whenever you're feeling or down or distracted. Or just because you can! My first one was Psalms 27:1 - "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" (yes, I just did that without looking.) I don't know why I love it, but I do. It also makes me think of the hymn it's based on - #89 I think? Y'know - the looooooord is my liiiiiight~ ♪ <:D
 
@Lyra: I can't remember if I sent a response to you... so I'm just going to say I did and that it's your turn to write. :D?
 
I am definitely having more fun here in Loomis. There are still some days where I'm not really sure where I'm supposed to be going, or how the heck I'm supposed to be able to recieve inspiration for this area cos I don't know the people still (this area is kinda huuge... it encompasses Penryn, Newcastle, and part of Loomis) BUT, I know that my companion knows this area really well, and if I can just ask the right questions about who they are and where they live, the spirit can tell me that it's someone we should see. She's really great at following the spirit and thinking of their needs, so it's worked out well so far :)
 
Halloween is coming up! It's exciting cos my companion is from Australia, right. She's never had one before! So this year will be fun, cos we can carve pumpkins and dress up all for her first time :D Missionaries are supposed to be in by 6 on that day (it's unsafe for us to be out O: ) but our ward party's that night! so hopefully I can ask Pres if we can go and be with the members. If not we can hang at home with our landlady Rose (she's a nonmember! cooly!) and dress up and have fun times. It's still a ways out though so we'll see what happens.
 
So as part of one of our lessons with our investigators this week, we taught them about agency! It was really fun. But something we challenged them to do was at the end of every day, pick one good choice and one bad choice that we did, and then list the consequence of doing it. We told them we'd do it too, and it's been really interesting so far! For example: we were driving back from the General Relief Society broadcast on Saturday (it was really awesome, btw; it's on LDS.org, y'all should watch it!), and we passed this guy walking his bike up the road. It was really dark at that point, and my companion and I looked at each other and was like, "we need to talk to him!!" so we flipped the car around and chased him down. *brick'd* but we pulled up and asked him if he needed to use our phone to call someone (he looked really tired) and he was like, "nah I'm good! thanks though!" and so we tried to give him amormon.org card to check out the site and stuff - I started rambling about how we're missionaries and that our site is really cool and whatnot, and he went, "what church?" I got a little nervous thinking he'd be like, super anti- or something, but I told him and he got this awesome corny smile and went "oh yeah, I'm a member!" and so it turned out to be pretty funny in the end. My companion and I were just super giddy all the way home, and we decided it was because we followed a prompting of the spirit, even though there was nothing really that came of it (from what I can see). I was really glad that we followed it! Maybe it was practice for us, or maybe he needed to see how missionaries can talk to everyone (even if they're members). But that was one of our good choices this week :) I'll keep the bad ones to myself. Haha! They were mostly little opportunities that we missed, like our neighbor was washing his car and we didn't say anything when we could have. *double brick'd* but there's always room for improvement! and second chances!
 
The gospel is great, the church is true, we have a prophet on the Earth today!! And everyone should watch conference this weekend and see the prophet speak! :O Das a big deal, peepsicles. Woo!
 
I hope you all have an awesome week! I love you and pray for you always!
 
LOVELOVELOVE,
Sister Nelson!

No comments:

Post a Comment