Monday, June 18, 2012


Hallo!
Today started off with a bang... or just a fire alarm. Luckily it was right after we'd all woken up but not in the shower yet, haha! There were a few sisters from our floor who were in there though, I felt bad. And thought of Rosemary. XD
We fly out of here tomorrow! Aaah! I feel like I wanna spend another two weeks here, just cos my district is so dagum awesome. It's amazing how close we've grown with it only being three weeks. And it's more sad cos a companionship of both elders and sisters (so four total) are going to an entirely different mission down in Arcadia. It's down by LA - I told them to keep an eye out for the cup ;) although it'll prolly be travelling with the team, wherever they turn out, eh?
Yesterday at Relief Society, we had Sister Dalton come and speak to us! It was really neat. She's such a nice lady. She gave us sisters a list of scriptures that would help us in trying times or just whenever we felt discouraged. :) We shared with our elders though, we thought they would want it too. I wish I would've brought my book, I could've told you about them. After that we had some interviews and district stuff and at the fireside last night was Sheri Dew, tada! It was really cool, and she was super intense. She sure knows how to teach with power. She told us about spiritual gifts a little bit, and then told us the importance of recieving and remembering these gifts. One thing that stuck out to me was how it's our privledge to ask for spiritual gifts, and not only as missionaries. We can ask for things that will help strengthen our weaknesses throughout our lives and if we earnestly seek for those things, Heavenly Father will bless us with that.
Anyway, we're just here doing laundry before we have to run off to class x_x I don't know that we'll get a P-day for the rest of this week, we'll see once I get out there. I'm excited and sad to go at the same time, but it'll be good. I don't want to plateau my learning curve! I've gotta keep the greenie fire ;D
I better go. Lots to do and not enough time to do it. Whee!
I love you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much! :3
LOVE
Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment