Monday, September 24, 2012


Family!! <3
 
OoooOOooh, a box?? My family loves me! <3 Also the house number is 3829 - I flipped the 9 and the 8 when I told you it last week, but cool story! Dad's letter got to me anyway! Yaaaay! The postal service continues to amaze me. Haha!
  
Oh yeaah, Dad wrote in his letter Bryson was home. Weird. Thinking about it it feels like it's been long enough, but it's just one of those things you file away for "later" and don't really ever expect it to come. Tell him hi for me!
 
This week was awesomeee! I got a letter from Kathy Jones :3 I sent one back this morning. Yay! There's been a lot of miracles this week and the ward has gotten to calling us miracle-workers cos we keep getting put in the right place at the right time. Sister Fonua says it's cos we're being obedient (which I don't doubt, for sure!), but for me I'm just doin' the same thing I've been doing since I've started. Guess they trained me good! And you have too, for sure. I didn't realize I had it in me to work this hard. Woo! So thanks for that :D
 
Also, I finished the Book of Mormon this week! Yay! That's the first time on the mission~ I'll prolly go through it like five more times by the end. Could be worse, right :D But Sister Fonua and I are both really limited on our New Testament knowledge, so we just started this week on the book of Matthew! I'm already five chapters into it and I've learned a lot! For example, according to the Bible Dictionary, Matthew himself was likely a thorough Jew, which meant he knew the Old Testament REALLY well. So his purpose in writing is to the Jews to show them how Jesus Christ fulfilled the Law of Moses. Within the first 5 chapters he says something to effect of, "and this experience fulfills this prophecy by this prophet!" There hasn't been too much about Jesus' teachings yet, but that starts soon. :)
 
I feel much better about Loomis now. I have seen the outpouring of love from this ward to the missionaries in general, and to us. I feel much happier having seen that! Not that I didn't see it before, I just didn't feel it so directly the last few Sundays. But I'm better now! The adjustment period just takes a while, y'know?
 
Hmm. What else. Oh! My and Fonua's goal for lessons this week (with a member present) is 12! Last week we only had 5, so we're going to try really hard to get members to come with us. Pray for us that we'll get people to come with us! I'm sure we will, but the added safety-net of prayer can't hurt :)
 
Lastly, if you all could send me a list of some of your favorite scriptures, I'd really like that! I've been  feeling more creative lately (buying those colored pencils must've done it) and I'd like to make more of the little postcardish things I sent with Matt's letter. So you can stick it in your scriptures or on your door or whatevs :D
 
Anyhoo, must be going. I love you!! I pray for you all the time!
 
LOVELOVELOVE,
Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment