Monday, June 17, 2013


Hello hello! <3
 
Aah, Blackhawks! Our host family (the Hunts) are out of town, so they have a lady named Rhonda staying at their house to help take care of the house and the dog. But she's originally from Chicago, so when we had come home... whatever night that was... Wednesday? she was watching the triple overtime game and I didn't know 'til the next morning XD good thing! the temptations are getting crazy in here haha! Best of luck to mai hawks :3
(sidenote: "maryo" huh. he must not play a whole lot haha.)
 
O_O storm! you're right, that doesn't surprise me. Reminds me of when we were up at girl's camp at that other place- do you remember, mom? We were all praying to know what to do about the storm, and I can't remember if it just fizzled out or if it parted too. That was a great test of faith for me then, and I don't think that I passed that one haha. But just something I remember.
 
@scorpion: they would be the most venomous. *flail* nevermind it was in my bathroom cabinet, so now I'm super paranoid about them T_T
 
@bees: have you ever heard of meat bees? the lady we were with said it was them, but I don't really know what those are. so who knows.
 
That's really cool about the fathers of the stripling warriors!! I don't think I ever really thought about that before, about where they were or what they were doing. Makes sense to me, though :D
 
Go little bees, go! Did that third hive ever really pick up? You or Dad was saying the third one wasn't doing the best; didn't recover from something or other.
 
So this week was probably the longest week of my LIIIIIFE. Ugh. Not the most pleasant feeling. On Wednesday we had zone meeting though, which was good. It's unfortunate how sometimes at these things there's so much they talk about, and I just start to feel inadequate about all the things I have to work on x_x it NEVER ENDS! thankfully, but also unfortunately haha. One thing I picked up that was cool was about the sacrament prayers- we were talking about why it's important to go to church, and to have the people we're working with understand why it's important to go to church. we read the sacrament prayers and the promises that go in that, how the baptismal covenant is in there, and what the promise is back to us if we do those things. We know how it's initially said (v.3), and they suggested to us that we personalize it to make it more meaningful. Thus, it'd be something like this: "O God, the Eternal Father, Rachael asks thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to her soul as she partakes of it; that she may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that she is willing to take upon her the name of thy Son, and always remember him, and keep his commandments which he hath given her, that Rachael may always have his Spirit to be with her." Neat huh? I liked it. Makes everything just a little different, but just enough to make it... well, personal :)
 
In other news, we're not going to be able to meet with Jessie anymore :( the family she's living with right now is too opposed to the idea, so she can't get baptized. We've taught her everything she needs to know, and she said she'd keep reading and praying cos she knows that's what's right, but it still stinks. :( I think she'll come to it eventually, though. Someday when she's living on her own, she'll remember. I just have to remember that everything doesn't have to happen while I'm involved, y'know? Which is hard. Eternal perspective is difficult to have, some days!
 
But Les is still doing AWESOME. He's making a lot of good progress, likes the church, the Book of Mormon, and everything else that we're teaching him about. He's so great :D still shooting for the 29th. Winnar! He gets along so well with the ward, it's amazing how well he fits in here. God's timing is fascinating, I'm just so grateful I got to be in the right place at the right time ^_^
 
Transfers are next week. I think I heard that there are 14 sisters coming out, so my chances of training again are REALLY high. woo. Who knows what will happen though; I haven't been able to feel it out if I'm moving or staying, so we'll have to wait and see. Might send another box home at one point to get rid of some extra weight; being in one place for a long time ends up collecting a lot of things. You know how that goes. Might send home the honey jar that you sent home, then you can reuse it :D we'll see.
 
And lastly, I gave a talk yesterday :D third one in three years. it was about Fathers :D :D so what else would I do, but tell a whole bunch of stories about my dad? :D :D :D everyone seemed to like it, so thanks for being such an awesome dad, Dad! <3 They said you sounded like a great man, and they're darn right! *hug* so yeah. I'm glad you're my Dad ^_^
 
Yep. Things are goin', in Paradise. I feel like great things are coming, so it'll be good. Are you going to watch the missionary broadcast that everyone's been talking about on Sunday? I don't know if they've been announcing it or not. But it will be good! We're looking forward to it. They're going to combine our wards for the day too, so it's going to be crazy. But... still good. :D
 
Anyway, thanks always for your constant love and support! It means so much to me, especially on a long week such as this one x_x lots of blah-stuff, but lots of good stuff too. You make the days brighter! Thanks for being great and keeping with me <3
 
LOVELOVELOVE,
Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment