Monday, February 4, 2013

FAMILY! <3

Things are great here! It's nice and warm (well, 60 is really great I tell you what) so I'm glad we're not clear down in the single digits. I liked that story about the snow! It makes me think about how the people on the other side of the veil are helping us, even if we can't see them. They do a LOT of stuff, and sometimes things happen that just let us know that they're there. That's as good as I got :)

Oh noes! Craig got rear-ended! D: Well, it's a good learning experience. At least they won't go over on miles this month :D Not that this month is a good time to do it, since it's already shorter. But meh! My only thought is when the Elders have to be on bikes, they really have to rely on the spirit more than car-missionaries do. They can't just zip from place to place, and it helps them to slow down and have the spirit guide them a little bit more. Not to say that car-missionaries don't, but once they have a plan it's hard to change them on the fly. That's my thoughts on that! (And no, I get the same if not less than you. At least it's not a week behind, like my letters to him haha :)

Did you get two boxes, or just the one? Cos I sent two... Hmm. I hope it didn't get lost. And yes, thanks for the stamps! They are happy ^_^

hawkshawks *squee* it's so funny - in this area so far there's been a few people who've been keeping track of it for me XD one even told me their ears are always going to perk up now when they hear about hockey or the blackhawks. win. :D *brick'd*

The Flinder's parents live in Granite Bay! Same as President Weston, actually! Sister Flinders mentioned that in her note last month, and I saw the Elders who cover that ward while we were emailing at the library, and I got to talk to them about that. Small world! Do the Beeri's remember anyone from Paradise? Maybe I can make some fun connections there ;D I love those, those're fun.

This weekend we had a regional conference! Except they covered it up as a stake conference XD The other cool thing was... it was broadcasted from Salt Lake! Super cool, huh? Elder Perry spoke to us, and it was almost exactly a lesson out of Preach My Gospel. I'd recommend getting one of those for Matt to look at now, it's a really basic guide to how to share missionary work. He shared each of the basic 3 lessons in 5 minutes, and I about got chills the whole time :D So great! He really emphasized how there's lots of missionaries coming out now, and we've got to keep them busy! It's not only the missionary's job to find, but it works a whole lot better and more effectively when the ward is SO INVOLVED! Finding, teaching, and especially retention. The secret is friendship!! Just be friends with them and DON'T be afraid to talk about the gospel. Then it's a natural process for the missionaries to be able to teach and get better at teaching, and then the new converts will have friends in the ward and won't fall away. 

This church is true. We have a unique message to share, and we should be so excited to share it with everyone! The gospel of Jesus Christ changes hearts, lives, and perspectives. This church is not a new church, it's a restored church! It is the Savior's church, and he directs it's doings. We boldly declare that He did come to atone for His people, and we in kind declare that He called the prophet Joseph Smith to restore it's truths!!

The direction to bring forth Zion has not been revoked! We live in the dispensation of the fullness of times, and there is no one more involved in this work than our Heavenly Father. We should be doing all we can to pray to Heavenly Father to know how best to assist the missionaries in our own area. Missionary work can be done RIGHT HERE! Yes, we should pray for the missionaries all over the world to be blessed with the spirit, but how can we each gain the direction on how to further the efforts right where we are? Pray for it and He'll let you know. That would be my invitation to you :)

I love you! I feel your prayers and I'm thankful for your wonderful examples and newsy letters :) Thanks for being great! The Lord is on our side! Who can be against us if we have Him on our side? (Ps. 27:1)

LOVELOVELOVE
Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment