Monday, July 15, 2013

Halloooooo family! <3

We are doing our best to stay cool! It's been nice here of late, but we hear hundreds again by Wednesday. Bleh. Sis. Smith's mom sent us a towel to keep in the car, it's supposed to keep us cool :) we'll try it and see!

Make the most of those missionary opportunities! It gets harder after we get back, kinda :) just different. Ack, I just want them to listen to missionaries so much! Maybe you can send me all their addresses and I'll just send missionaries to them all.... with a note, saying that "Rachael says you should listen to them!!" muhar? I've thought about it on occasion, so maybe. haha. 

I don't remember anything about glass fish- I guess I will just have to wait and see. We're teaching a lady out here that has big ol' fishtanks too! (She can't come to church at present, so we go once a week to read the Book of Mormon with her). She loves them O_O and they're huge fish. She hopes that all the sisters that comes to her house will someday be inspired to have fish of their own. But I won't tell her that you started a fishtank back up again- maybe she'll think she has translative talents or something haha. *who knows*

YAY, young family! I bet they are awesome :D I'm excited to meet them! 

Thanks preemptively for the boxes! :D

This week was busy busy! Good though. Well, 'til the latter end of the week while I'm still trying to figure out some weird physical signs o.o but I'm still trying to vaguely ask around about that without arousing suspicion. You know how it goes. Anyway... Wednesday we had a zone conference! yay! it was really good, we talked about teaching the restoration simply and whatnot. WAY good. I love the restoration! It's my favorite to teach, and especially to feel the difference in the room as soon as one of us starts reciting the first vision :3 it's almost like you can pinpoint the point when the spirit just floods the room and testifies the more strongly of the truthfulness of the event, ah! love it. <3 We decided to have a fast this weekend too, which went well. I'm getting better at fasting, the more I focus on my purpose for it. Go figure :O thanks goodness for that at least.

Aah! Can you believe it's halfway through July already?! Crazy! We're still hoping that Les makes his baptism on the 27th, we're just hoping that the smoking isn't an issue by the time he gets to it. We'll see. We're stoked about him though, :D And then Miki is doing AWESOME and is going to be baptized on Aug. 3! Yay! She's super awesome, I just can't even. We were reading with her in 2 Nephi, which as you know has a lot of Isaiah. So that was fun to try to interpret :D but she texted us earlier in the week when she read this scripture:
"Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul." (2 Nephi 4:28)
She has a scripture journal where she jots down notes next to the verses and things that mean something to her, and she said when she read this scripture she wrote next to it "Yes, just yes!" she's SO ready for this gospel, I love it! I love her! I love the Savior, and the Book of Mormon! 

This gospel is everything to me and gives all of us such a direction that so many people around us just don't see. It gives us a perspective to look up and see how we can be bigger, better, and stronger. It gives us a glance into eternity, how we can see and know that the choices we make now can and will change everything. What a blessing that we know! That the spirit is with us to guide us and help us and lead us back to our Father in Heaven. I'm so thankful to be a member of this church and that it's such a part of my life so that whenever trials and hard things come, I can turn back to the gospel and EVERY TIME just proclaim, "Yes, just yes!"

I love you all, thanks for being awesome :D as Elder Cook said, "Look up and you will cheer up!" 

LOVELOVELOVE always,
Sister Nelson
With Sister Smith and cooling towels

No comments:

Post a Comment